Plenty of pubs are sitting empty these days which also means fewer in-person pub quiz nights. But luckily, just about everything is turning virtual. And while pub quiz nights have been popular in the UK for a long time, virtual pub quiz nights are on the rise around the world!
Whether you’re looking for a fun, socially distanced way to interact with your friends or you’ve got spare time on your hands to fill, why not give a virtual pub quiz night a try?
How do virtual pub quiz nights work?
We make it easy to challenge your audience’s knowledge with a fun quiz or an HQ-style or points-based trivia game. Before your next virtual pub quiz night, just set up an account on Swift Polling, log in, and start creating your first quiz with our user-friendly dashboard!
When your quiz is ready, it’s time to start sharing it with participants. There are a few different ways to do this. You can display a link to participate in an email, on a website, or in a text message or email.
If you’re totally new to virtual quiz nights, take a look at our post on the basics of hosting your own first.
Before we get into the questions, let’s talk about some best practices for hosting quizzes like this.
It’s useful to divide your questions into topics so your participants never get bored. It also gives everyone a chance to show off their strengths and helps maintain an even playing field.
Swift also lets you display real-time results with participants on a leaderboard. When participants can keep an eye on who’s winning, it sparks some friendly competition. You can even raise the stakes by offering prizes to top contenders!
So now that you’ve got the tech portion covered, it’s time to consider what kind of questions you’ll include in your virtual pub quiz!
We’re here to help.
Virtual Pub Quiz Questions
Here are 25 trivia questions to include in your next virtual pub quiz night.
General knowledge quiz questions
- What is the smallest planet in the solar system? Answer: Mercury
- What are the five colors in the Olympic ring? Answer: Blue, yellow, black, green, and red
- What’s the national flower of Japan? Answer: Cherry blossom
- What is the chemical formula for table salt? Answer: NaCl
- How many notes are in a musical scale? Answer: Seven
Geography quiz questions
- What is the capital city of Australia? Answer: Canberra
- Name the highest mountain range in the world. Answer: Mount Everest
- What is the state capital of Oklahoma? Answer: Oklahoma City
- Which Central American country is San José the capital and largest city? Answer: Costa Rica
- What are the five boroughs of New York City? Answer: The Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, and Staten Island
Pop culture quiz questions
- What are the names of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s kids? Answer: North, Saint, Chicago, and Psalm
- How many children does Angelina Jolie have? Answer: Six
- What day is Star Wars Day? Answer: May 4
- What is Rihanna’s real name? Answer: Robyn Fenty
- Which tech entrepreneur named his son X Æ A-12? Answer: Elon Musk
Sports quiz questions
- How many players are there in a rugby league team? Answer: 13
- In which sport do you wear a plastron? Answer: Fencing
- Where were the 1980 Olympics held? Answer: Moscow, Russia
- How many Super Bowls has Tom Brady won? Answer: Six
- How many horses are on each team in a polo match? Answer: Four
Food and drink quiz questions
- Which vegetable is sauerkraut made from? Answer: Cabbage
- Where was the first McDonald’s located? Answer: California
- What is the best selling chocolate bar in the world? Answer: Snickers
- Where was ice cream invented? Answer: China
- Which chili pepper is considered the hottest in the world? Answer: Ghost Pepper
There you have it! Now you’ve got 25 awesome trivia questions to use at your next virtual quiz night.
It’s time to host your own virtual pub quiz event!
If you’re ready to create your first virtual quiz with Swift Polling, click here to sign-up and get started.
In the meantime, take a look at some of our most popular blog posts here: